“Life allows us to make a lot of mistakes, except the mistake that destroys us”. Paulo Coelho
Plenty of them together destroyed me time and again. Lets see how many I can realize:
- Moved from where I should have stayed, stayed at where I should have moved from.
- Ignored the signs, the divine interventions.
- When you ignore and disregard basic rules of something…anything, you become completely clueless. right and wrong lose their identity.
- Concentration on the wrong issues.
- Couldn’t close down an argument, kept them open forever.
- Couldn’t make sane understanding about disputes.
- I didn’t really work on the relationship. I just wished it will always be.
- Was only emotional about it. Never used my head. Like sleep walked for 4 years.
- We only had an emotional bond, we never worked on a working relationship. hence it didn’t work out, and hurt remained.
- I pushed him away. Instead of attracting, I was repelling.
- I couldn’t conquer my insecurities. And augmented his insecurities.
- I was a strong woman for him to handle. I ignored to bow down. Men in general, like to rule. For a male ego its important to have an upper hand.
- I thought or believed, love conquers all. I was wrong. love just, is not enough.
- I misread, misunderstood when things were there as them not being there, and when they were not there, I could see them there.
Going over all these things give me strength that I am now awake to a whole new world. I see and acknowledge things that I was unaware of, completely oblivious about before. What I couldn’t see being in the relationship, I could see once I was out of it.
What all there is left for me is to regret and repent. Or maybe accept that
I learned a lot more about men in general, in specific, and even about myself.
I also learned that in relationships, It takes a man to initiate it, build it but it only is for a woman to keep it and maintain it.